How to write articles for Reputation America blog
How can you submit an editorial contribution. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is good, if an article is 4500-6000 characters without spaces. We appreciate the time of our readers.
- Each fact or figure must be confirmed by a reference to the source. An article without facts and figures is certainly a bad article.
- An article contains at least 3 pictures. These might be screenshots, tables, photos with sources, etc.
- Do not rewrite the first 5 articles in Google. You have to ask us for advice, if you have problems with writing.
- Always check articles in services like Quetext and share the results with us.
- SEO keywords are links that make it possible for people to find the site via search engines.
- Usually SEO keywords integrate into a heading (H1), a subheading (H2) and a body text (4-5 times).
- You can mix up the order of the SEO keywords in a body text, however you cannot change SEO keywords in H1 and H2.
- Please, highlight SEO keywords in the text you pass by yellow color.
The general text structure
- Good text is always organized. One way to add coherence to your writing is to put your ideas in a clear order, with related ideas near each other.
If we consider the role of ORM in digital marketing, we should keep coherent order:
- An article states one main idea. If an article tells about reputation management, it tells about reputation management. Each paragraph and topic gives more information about the main idea, otherwise they should not exist.
- It is good, if a text contains a summary in the end. This feature will help add more clarity.
- Pay attention to the unity of subheadings. They are a short version of the topic, so make them more coherent and attractive to readers.
The main paragraph structure
- A paragraph usually starts with a topic sentence. The topic sentence states the main idea of the paragraph.
- There are also supporting sentences. They give more information, such as details, examples, or facts, to support the main idea.
- A paragraph also has a concluding sentence. This can summarize the ideas in the paragraph or restate the main idea.
- A good paragraph has ideas that relate to each other. All sentences should relate to the main idea in the topic sentence. Supporting sentences that relate to the main idea are relevant.
- If a sentence is not related, it is irrelevant. Avoid irrelevant sentences when you write. Supporting sentences should also be organized logically and should be connected. Use transition words and phrases to do this.
This is an example showing what a good paragraph looks like:
Topic sentence: A detailed analysis of what is being said by the media is important because this shapes perceptions. Supporting sentence: According to Harvard Business Review, a positive reputation requires at least 20% of the stories in leading media to be positive, no more than 10% negative, and the rest neutral. Concluding sentence: Being fully aware about what you’re facing will guide the way you respond to the crisis.
How to persuade an audience
- Good writing relates to a specific audience. In general, we use formal writing with elements of informal language. It helps us to remain experts knowing the modern business culture.
Look at this paragraph:
Often, the information you don’t want in the public sphere could be leaked. When this happens, the leaked page will appear on Google searches even while you are loading the page onto the website. After you are done, the leaked data may yet look online with the original.
The paragraph was written in the third person (they), but the writer addresses readers (you). In addition, there are short forms (don’t).
- Next feature of good writing is clarity. Readers should be able to understand your writing and not be confused. Including words that give detail can help add clarity to your writing.
- Use specific language to improve writing clarity. Avoid common words like good, great, nice, and bad — these are too general and do not help make ideas clearer.
- An audience can know nothing about ORM, Removing, De-index and so on. If we add specific words from our field, we will explain them to the readers.
- Every single topic sentence contains a noun and an action verb (not the passive voice).
- Avoid phrases like as you all know or any common ones. Better option is to give readers a new fact or case. You can request us for cases and advice.
- If you have doubts about your text, you can check it in the hemingway app. It is free.